Internships provide college students with hands-on learning opportunities. Students interested in a career in the non-profit sector will find a wealth of experience by working with Make-A-Wish Central & Western North Carolina. Please note that all internships are unpaid.
- Summer: May 1st – August 31st
- Fall: September 1st – December 31st
- Spring: January 2nd – April 30th
*Please note, our needs vary at any given time and internship start/stop dates are flexible
- Development Intern
- Mission Delivery Intern
- Marketing/Communications Intern
- Graphic Design Intern
- Finance/Accounting Intern
- Development Intern
- Volunteer Services Intern
Read more about our various internship typesMake-A-Wish CWNC Internship Descriptions
In order to best serve our community, we require all applicants to go through an assessment before becoming an active part of our company. This includes a completed application, resume, cover letter, writing sample, and a potential interview. You may include additional materials if you would like with your application. Upon reviewing your application, we may contact you for next steps. Please note, our needs vary at any given time and unfortunately not all applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Skills of all Interns:
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects while staying organized
- Work well with staff and vendors
- Punctual and on time for each work shift. Emergencies and sick days may be excused, but we treat our internships as jobs and expect continued communication in these situations.
- Candidates are asked to commit to a schedule for the duration of the internship.
- HAVE FUN and learn more about how a nonprofit organization operates
Download an internship application by clicking the link below.Make-A-Wish CWNC Internship Application
Please email your completed application, resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in our chapter!