Make-A-Wish Mid-South has several internships that offer on-the-job training as well as a chance to impact the lives of children with critical illnesses.
We work with students year-round who are looking to gain experience in program services (mission delivery), development (fundraising/ events), marketing, special events and volunteer management. Internships are available in our Memphis and Little Rock offices. We request a 10 to 20 hour per week commitment for the duration of two quarters/one semester by potential internship applicants. Make-A-Wish internships generally provide college credit. A staff member will provide all needed training relevant to Make-A-Wish Mid-South.
- Submit an internship application
- Background check
- Four to six month minimum time commitment
To apply for an internship, please send your resume and cover letter to the Volunteer Coordinator in your area:
- Support in pre-planning social media content and strategy using Sprout Social platform
- Create engaging blog and social media content.
- Complete social media communication requests received from staff members in a timely manner.
- Compose wish stories and other website content
- Create and edit graphic design collateral as needed
- Write press releases for upcoming wishes, and communicate with media as needed
- Writing sample is required along with resume and cover letter.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing.
Program services Intern
- Responsible for assisting the Wish Coordinators in all aspects of wish granting.
- Assist with prepping and mailing some wish materials
- Write thank you letters for donors.
- Update wish database, scan paperwork and complete wish file close out.
- Support wish interviews with wish families.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Family and Child Development, Human Development, Psychology, or related field.
- Responsible for supporting fundraising staff in all aspects of revenue generation from fundraising event to cultivating individual and major donors.
- Assists with the coordination day-of vendors for events.
- Assists with design, copy writing and production of donor materials and ongoing correspondence.
- Conducts prospect research and analysis to support solicitation strategies.
- Assists with the organization and tracking of donor and sponsor information.
- Assists with in-kind solicitation for auction items.
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Non-Profit Management, Business Administration or related field.
“When I accepted my internship position at Make-A-Wish, I had no idea just how deeply it would impact me. Not only did I gain real-world experience and develop a new set of skills...but I also gained a greater understanding of what it means to become a part of something bigger than myself.” - Kara Miller, Make-A-Wish Mid-South intern