Join a caring community of volunteers who transform lives. Together, we can make countless wishes come true.
Your time and unique talents are critical to bringing strength and hope to wish kids when they need it the most. In fact, our volunteers are at the heart of every wish experience.
Make-A-Wish volunteers consider their work impactful and meaningful. And, their efforts are rewarded—not in dollars or cents, but in the incredible difference they make in the lives of our wish kids. Volunteers even have the freedom to choose when and how they would like to help transform lives in our community.
We understand that you want to volunteer but might not know where your skills and talents best lie. Check out our volunteer opportunities and see where you can best help make wishes come true.
Work with a partner to meet with wish kids and their families to help determine their heartfelt wishes, and then work with our staff to make those wishes a reality.
Help facilitate wish experiences for non-English-speaking families. Translators attend wish visit and phone calls, but they are not directly involved in planning wishes.
Assist with various projects at our chapter office, including phone calls, mailings and research.
Plan, organize and implement successful fundraising events by working on committees, helping on event day and/or participating in the event.
Use your professional skills and knowledge on an as-needed basis to provide much-needed skills such as reading and writing in multiple languages, graphic design, photography, landscaping and more.
How to Get Started
Your Make-A-Wish Journey Starts Today
- At every level of the organization, volunteers are critical to the mission. Get started today and soon you can bring hope and joy to local children with critical illnesses as a Make-A-Wish volunteer.
- Attend a volunteer orientation session: Sit in on a digital webinar and learn about our mission to grant wishes for children with critical illnesses and how you can help. You can find upcoming dates on the calendar page to register.
- Fill out application: Once you attend a webinar, you will receive a link to complete the volunteer application from a Make-A-Wish staff member. This is used as a preliminary screening tool, and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Chat with a volunteer: After we receive your completed application, you will speak with a current volunteer to get your questions answered and allow time to learn more about you and your interests.
- Submit your paperwork: After your conversation, you will be asked to complete a criminal background check and submit final paperwork.
Welcome! You are officially now a volunteer for Make-A-Wish Wisconsin! You will be an integral part of delivering our mission forward.