With these and many more wishes in mind, I would like to give you the 11 reasons I am thankful for Make-A-Wish:
1) Family – I am appreciative that Make-A-Wish brings a light to those families with affected children to help them find their way through the dark.
2) Friendship – It is wonderful to spend every day with a group of kind and motivating coworkers, interns, and volunteers that I get to call my friends. I am thankful for this.
3) Dedication – I am gratified that Make-A-Wish uses our resources efficiently, with nearly 75 cents of every dollar being spent on wishes and wish-related programs for children, making it the most effective of any wish-granting organization.
4) Opportunity – In this season of Black Fridays and Cyber Mondays, it can be easy to lose sight of the simple things. Children and especially wish kids can help bring out the best in all of us; they remind us of those basic things that we can be thankful for. I work for an organization that grants wishes for those children and I am grateful to have that opportunity.
5) Diversity – It feels good to help; to give back to the children of societies and communities of all different backgrounds and situations.
6) Wishes – Over 250,000 wishes granted and lives of children have been changes, filling their lives with optimism.
7) Hope – Granting wishes for those children with life-threatening medical conditions reminds all of us to never let a moment slip, to reach out with both hands and grasp for a better tomorrow.
8) Strength - Wish kids bring the best out of their communities. They band together around wish kids and show them that they are all in this together. We can all be grateful for that!
9) Joy – When a child has a wish, we rejoice in their happiness and their relief from what ails them, even if only for a day.
10) More Joy – When a child recovers from an illness, we are thrilled to know that our positivity in their life may have helped push them through their issues.
11) Wish Kids – Without kids to give wishes to, who would there be to inspire us? These kids are the best and they are the reason for the Make-A-Wish mission.
There are so many reasons to be thankful this season for what Make-A-Wish does. What reasons do you have? What other things are you thankful for? Thank you for reading this post. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Red Lightning photo courtesy of Hero Creative