For more information contact: Terry Gorka at 805-340-06080 or email@example.com, or Thomas Chu at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.platinummedicalgolf.com.
$500 per player and a willing heart to raise at least $1,500 in player sponsorships from your contacts by September 9.
Additional dinner tickets are available for $100 each.
Our small team of golfers (24 - 36 players) has pledged to raise a minimum of $36,000 ($1,500 per player) for Make-A-Wish® Tri-Counties by September 9.
We’re playing a modified golf marathon format that begins at 8:30 and ends at 5.
100% of the golfer sponsorship funds will go directly to Make-A-Wish® Tri-Counties through the fundraising web page at https://friends.wish.org/039-000/. Donors will receive a receipt immediately by e-mail.
The scramble format includes breakfast, lunch and dinner and will be limited to 36 golfers. Players will be able to golf as many holes as they want from 8:30 to 5, competing for best individual and team scores – low gross and low net – as well as closest-to-the-pin and longest drive challenges.
An unlimited number of golf balls will be provided for all players.
The actual playing is simple. Each player plays their own ball. The individual scramble format, otherwise known as “Grace Based Golf,” allows players to hit two shots from each location. Then, they go to the best one and play two more shots until the ball is holed out.
Players will actually complete as many holes as they want to play.
There will be a PGA teaching professional on the course all day providing dynamic video lessons.
The underwriting sponsor of the event, Platinum Medical Billing & Software, is managing the finances of the fundraiser and receives no remuneration for their involvement.
There are two financial goals for the event. First, is to raise a minimum of $30,000 for Make-A-Wish® Tri-Counties. Our second goal is to adopt 4 wishes at the dinner following the golf tournament on September 23 (each wish is $5,000).
In the marathon concept, each player is charged a fee of $500 which helps to cover the expenses of the tournament (golf course fees, food and beverage, promotions, printing, etc.). This $500 payment is made directly to “Platinum Medical Charity Account”.
In addition, each player raises at least $1,500. 100% of the golfer sponsorship funds will go directly to Make-A-Wish® Tri-Counties through your fundraising web page at https://friends.wish.org/039-000/. If your supporters would prefer to pay by check they can write a check payable to “Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties” and give it to you. You will submit all checks two weeks before the event. Online gifts donors will receive a receipt by e-mail immediately. Those who donate by check, should expect their receipt in the mail shortly after the event.
Game Day Itinerary
- Check-in begins at 7:15 a.m. at North Ranch Country Club in Thousand Oaks, California.
- Tournament representatives will confirm the total amount of donations (player sponsorships) each player has raised.
- Golf carts will be staged and identified by hole assignments.
- Breakfast available from 7:15 to 8:30.
- Customized scorecards & pairing sheet presented at registration.
- Group photo at 8:20.
- Play will be in twosomes with each player in their own cart.
- Everyone tees off at 8:30 on different holes. Please let me know if there is someone you would like to be paired with.
- Hospitality stations with fruit, goodies, and beverages set up throughout the course.
- Volunteers will deliver lunch to everyone while on the course around mid-day.
- PGA instructor Jim Coles will be giving on-course video lessons with the personalized footage being emailed to your personal training space (cutting edge technology by edufii).
- Play will be completed by 5:00 p.m. followed by a delicious closing awards dinner at 5:30.
- Spouses & friends arrive for banquet that includes a silent auction, raffle, Adopt-A-Wish® appeal and entertainment.
- Dress Code “Casual”
Beginning at 5:30 when golf is finished for the day, an Awards Dinner will be held. Guests (non-players) are invited to join the festivities which include a sumptuous meal, raffle, silent auction, entertainment, DJ and a special Adopt-A-Wish appeal to raise money for the kids.
At least 35% of the proceeds from the dinner, silent auction and raffle will benefit Make-A-Wish®
100% of the money raised for Adopt-A-Wish will go to Make-A-Wish® Tri-Counties.
Awards will be presented to golfers for low gross and low net individual and team scores, closest-to-the-pin and longest drive. To learn more visit www.platinummedicalgolf.com
There are also opportunities for event sponsorship with funds generated used to offset costs of the event, including Tee Sponsors, Dinner Sponsors and Program Advertisements in the $1000 - $5000 range.