1) In salty boiling water, cook asparagus, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach. Cool off and chop in small pieces. Set aside and keep the blanching water.
2) Cut into a small dice and keep trimmings:
A) Carrot, turnip, parsnip, leek, celery, butternut squash, onion and garlic. Set aside with trimmings.
B) Bell peppers and scallions. Set aside.
3) Cut potatoes and cook with the trimmings (from vegetables in A and B) in the blanching water until soft. Then pureé in blender.
4) In a large pot, sauteé vegetables from A with butter and xtra virgin olive oil, add thyme and bay leaves. Cover with chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water (chicken will give a stronger flavor; water will provide more of the true vegetables’ taste). Simmer until vegetables cook, add remaining vegetables and the vegetable pureé, add bowtie pasta and cooked white beans.
5) Season with salt, pepper. Add cayenne pepper for a little kick.
6) Simmer and then remove bay leaves and thyme. Ready to serve!
Share Natalia's wish! Follow her recipe and serve it at your local shelter or to family and friends. #NataliasWish